Beardstown Little League has become an icon

Subhead

League’s origin dates back to 1952

  • Beardstown Little League has become an icon
    Beardstown Little League has become an icon
    Beardstown is known as a “Baseball Town” and it all began back in 1952 when Roy Roberts and Bill Cowen got together to form what is now the Beardstown Little League. The six-man board of directors were Bob Davis, Greg Sinnock, Stub Briggs, Bumps Riley, Jim O’Hara and Don Pilger, who governed the league which has grown in stature from a meager beginning of four teams to hosting the site of the…

Premium Content is available to subscribers only. Please login here to access content or go here to purchase a subscription.