April 16, 2014
Fire destroys Main Street Café in Meredosia Print E-mail
Written by julie   

By Michael Kloppenburg
For the Star-Gazette
A fire early on Christmas morning destroyed the Main Street Café in Meredosia. According to Meredosia firefighter Vernon Dunaway, a passerby noticed smoke coming from the building at about 2:30 a.m. and called emergency services. When firefighters responded, smoke and flames were pouring from the building. With the assistance of the Arenzville Fire Department, the blaze took about four hours to put out. Dunaway said the building was a total loss and that the fire was caused by an electrical problem.



 

Add comment


Security code
Refresh