West Central Bank, Cass Communications, Jennings Beardstown and First National Bank along with E. H. Taylor Clinic, The Cass County Star-Gazette, Heritage Health, The Round House Center, Eylers Auto and L. B. Sports Productions, proudly present the Fifth Annual Nighttime Christmas Parade on Saturday, Nov. 30, at 6 p.m. in downtown Beardstown.
This is a parade that the entire area looks forward to seeing and we are hopeful that it will be a reminder to all, and a reflection of the reason we are celebrating this Christmas season. We want to make this year’s fifth annual parade the biggest and best event of the season.
We need the help of churches, groups, organizations and individuals who are interested in participating in order to make the parade a reality.
Requirements for entries are as follows:
1. Each entry must have a Christmas theme (religious or secular).
2. Entries must have lights or be lighted and have some form of music. This will require a generator or batteries.
3. Only the last float in the parade will have Santa on or in the float.
4. Vehicles are welcome in the parade if they meet the above requirements.
5. Walking entries are exempt from music and lights but should reflect the spirit of the holiday.
6. The parade will step off promptly at 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 30.
7. Judging of entries will commence at 5:30 p.m. Trophies will be awarded to the following entries: Best use of lights, Best use of music, Best non-float, Best non-commercial float, Best over all.
8. The attached form must be returned no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, November 26.
The parade will begin at State and 8th Street and travel to 6th Street, turning left onto 6th Street. It will progress to Washington Street and turn right, traveling north to Main Street. From Main and Washington Streets, the parade will turn right to State Street. At State Street, the units will turn right and proceed to 4th Street, where they will disband. The floats and entries will return to the city square, where they will be on display for viewing for an hour.
Beardstown Main Street invites you to join this special nighttime Christmas Parade. Please help us make this a memorable evening. If a chorus or band wishes to participate, they are welcome to ride in an open truck or trailer and it will not have to be decorated. Everyone enjoys hearing music and/or voices in song.
We encourage anyone interested in being a part of the parade to enter. You do not have to wear an elaborate costume, but please plan to dress in Christmas red and green colors.
For questions, please contact Dennis Reiley at 217-320-2288, email
, or Bob Burget at 217-323-3421, email
More parade entries are needed. Any business, organization, church or individual wishing to be in the parade and escort the Christmas season into Beardstown, it is not too late. Individuals or groups who are interested in participating or helping with this event should contact Dennis Reiley at 217-320-2288, 217-323-9747 or Bob Burget at 323-3421.
Parade entry form on can be found on page 3.